As a homeowner, routine maintenance is required to maintain the foundation and structural integrity of your home. This is especially true when it comes to water restoration services. Water intrusion can be a pesky issue if it’s left to linger. It can lead to mold, which is nightmarish for all homeowners. In order to effectively remedy these situations, you need to take an organized approach. At Top To Bottom Renovation, we create tailored solutions that will mitigate your water intrusion issues before they worsen.
Questions To Ask A Water Restoration Company
When looking to hire a water restoration company, it is important to verify their credentials and level of expertise with certain projects and tasks. By doing your research and formulating comprehensive questions, this will make the difference between hiring a great company vs a subpar company.
Here are a list of questions you can pose to the water restoration contractors:
- Are they licensed and insured? Contractors and restoration companies are required to be registered in the state in which the business resides. This acts as the insurance, in the event that legal issues arise with the organization.
- Do your technicians have the right certifications? Technicians should have the appropriate certifications that are relevant to their skill sets and the jobs they are performing.
- Will your technicians be readily available at all times? Emergencies can occur at any time, and a water rescue technician should be available at a moment’s notice to fix these issues as they appear.
- What is the timeline and what does the warranty include? Two of the more important inquiries are the length of the project and what is included in the warranty. Flooded areas should be dried between 1-3 days in order to prevent the growth of bacteria and mold. As far as warranty is concerned, these are questions you can pose to the company directly as it can depend on the kind of work they’re doing.
If your water restoration company provides the answers you’re looking for, then it looks like you’ve found a match to oversee the water intrusion issues.
Water Restoration And How The Process Works
For those curious about the water restoration process, it will typically occur in several phases. If a certain job requires immediate attention, they will perform the emergency restoration right away. The process is divided into the following steps:
- Mitigation- Functions as a preventative measure to keep the integrity of your building or home in near-perfect condition. Examples of mitigation include removing water from flooded areas and boarding up walls, windows, or portions of your ceiling.
- Project Estimates- When the severity of the situation has been assessed, the contractor and insurance providers will lay out the terms of the claim. These parties will come to terms on an agreement as it relates to pricing and the length of time to complete the project.
- Approving The Work- Once a mutual agreement has been reached, the contractor will submit a formal proposal for the job. It can be as simple as signing the document as soon as it’s received. But if any modifications are required, then you can request revisions as well.
- Preparation- When the project commences, contractors will order the necessary materials to ensure that their workers have everything that is needed to complete the job.
- Restoration- During restoration, workers can uncover extensive damage which wasn’t recognized when the project initially launched. Insurance can cover the additional work, with the understanding that the estimates and approval would need to be repurposed to accommodate the new work.
Mitigating Water Intrusion
If you’re looking for comprehensive solutions to handle all of your water intrusion issues, then look no further than our team at Top To Bottom Renovation, Inc. For more information on how we can align our services with your projects, you can contact us here to initiate your involvement,